Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Unwanted Affection

I am going to vent on-line for the world to read. I am stressed and annoyed. I am not a fan of guys right now. They don't take a hint. Ok, I am over-generalizing. I am not a fan of one guy in particular right now. He simply does not understand that I did not come to Thailand to have my heart won. I am not interested in a relationship with him and no amount of coersion will change that, in fact, the coersion only solidifies that. Why can nobody around here comprehend that I am not playing hard-to-get. I am being completely honest when I say that I am not interested. Now I am hearing that I think I am better than the men here, and that I simply don't like him because he is Thai. NO! That has has nothing to do with it! I am simply annoyed that someone could decide that they like me and then begin pursuing me within a week of my arrival to the country. The fact that he refuses to let up just irritates me even more! I don't buy the line that it's because he likes me so much. He does not like me. He does not even know me. I am more than a female with white skin, which seems to be all that he's concerned about. When people suggest to him that there are others out there, and that he should give up on me and wait for the "next batch of farong," he replies, "but I'm getting older." There's a reason to fall "in love" with me! Because he's getting older! Somebody rescue me from this insanity!

3 comments:

0r4cl3 said...

Sarah, you always seem to have this problem, no matter where you go. I am sorry that this follows you around! And you were right the first time, most guys cannot take a hint. Is the the guy that originally asked you to come and teach english? I hope that you finding some enjoyment with being in a new country. I think that you need to just tell him straight-out (if you haven't already!), that you are not playing hard-to-get, but that you are genuinely not interested. Other than that....stay away from him! I wish that I could give ya' a hug right now Sarah! It's funny, you vent, and I still get to experience it! lol

Anonymous said...

Its cause ur hot stuff that guys dig you. lol. Im glad Im a guy. ;-)

amoetspes said...

No, it's not the guy who originally asked me to come here. He's in the USA. This guy is someone who I met upon my arrival here in good ol' Thailand a month and a half ago, and I haven't had peace since. Stress.