Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Anafora Weekend.

Early November we had a long weekend. John and I and Heather and Kelvin decided to take the opportunity to get out of Cairo and breathe fresh air for a while. Heather, Kelvin and I all love Anafora, but John had never been, so we thought this was a great chance to take him.


When we got there John and I found that one of the stained glass skylights in our room had broken. Kelvin went up to try to fix it, and of course John couldn't let Kelvin have all the fun up there by himself.



So the boys decided to play on the roof.





And soon we all ended up on the roof.










The view from above was lovely. I love the date palms, they remind me what an exotic place I live in. They are so beautiful.













We spent the weekend resting, eating amazing Egyptian food fresh from the farm, walking among the greenery, and just spending time together. It was really nice. Before we left the four of us had a chance to share and pray together. It was a time that all of us needed.





















And way too quickly the weekend came to and end, and we had to say good bye to the farm once again.



2 comments:

Debbie said...

This place is so beautiful! Its nice that you can get away like that.

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

What!? I am not used to all this posting! I will have to check here more often!

Loved the pics.