Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pumpkin on the Ceiling

This fall I decided to enjoy autumn even though it doesn't exist here. One way I did that was by carving pumpkins as seen in an earlier post. Another way I thought I should create an atmosphere of autumn, was by buying a 15 lb. pumpkin and processing it for pies, etc. So I did. I ended up with tons of beautiful bright orange pumpkin flesh to freeze and use in pies etc. all year 'round. After dividing my spoils into several jars to freeze, I put all of the remaining pumpkin into a large plastic tub, and turned to carry it across the kitchen and to my deep-freeze.

I hit an uneven tile on the way. I went down. The tub went up. Pumpkin went everywhere.








I told the story to John when he came home from work. I had cleaned my face, clothes, the floor and the walls, so there was very little evidence let of my disaster. He felt bad and hugged me in sympathy. As I reached up to receive the sympathetic hug I got a look at the ceiling. Unfortunately I did photograph it. It was covered in bright orange spatter. It looked like a Jackson Pollock work. I had to sponge mop my ceiling.

4 comments:

Jacque said...

Awwwww I am sorry your 1st pumpkin pie experience was a messy one! But on the up side, orange is a good color on you! LOL

amoetspes said...

Lol, it wasn't my first pupmkin pie expierience. I have been making pumpkin pie for years. It was just the first time I got it on the ceiling.

Debbie said...

You look lovely my dear! Lol!

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

:( Sorry. But it was fun to listen too!