Saturday, March 28, 2009

My morning in the desert

This morning my school paired with another tiny Christian school here in Cairo to do a 5k and 2k race in the desert not very far from my house. The event took place at Wadi Degla (wadi just means valley). Since it was my first time to this wadi, I took along my camera and snapped a couple of photos.










And the winner was:

>





I took this last shot as we were walking back out of the wadi and to the cars. Notice how empty it is. I was amazed a how just a few minutes from my home, the world can look so different. It was so quiet there. No sound of car horns, people screaming in the streets, venders with their donkey carts selling their wares, nothing. It was amazing.

9 comments:

Vicki said...

looks like fun! Where are the camels?
(j.k.;)

amoetspes said...

I was on the look out, but I think they know better than to wander into that wadi. ;)

Vicki said...

Ok Sarah-I suppose.....(Im pretending I know what the word "wadi" means-lol)

Jacque said...

I can believe that. I remember when I went to Mexico City and how just outside the City was completely different. Pictures are very nice.

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Thanks for the pics! Love looking at them.

Debbie said...

It looks like you had a good time! But I can't believe anybody would want to run in the heat.

amoetspes said...

It wasn't hot at all. I was wearing a coat!

Aaron aka BK said...

sandy!

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Do you think maybe it's time to blog again?