Sunday, January 15, 2006

Egypt this Summer

I am getting an apartment in Egypt this summer with some of my friends again. I am sooo excited. My cousin is probably coming with me for the first month, and I think that my best friend is coming for about ten days. We are going to work in the same orphanage that we worked in the last time we were there. I can't wait. Maybe I'll get teaching job while I am there. Who knows. We shall see. I will eventually settle into some form of consistant life. I feel like that's what everyone's waiting for me to do, but something in me won't let me live the typical American dream. It's just not my dream. Until I leave I'm just going to do my random jobs and save money for the summer. I'm so excited about it!

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

and come out to Colorado! duh! haha, hey, all Americans have dreams, and they can be different. just look at my american dream. ;-) i just watched risky business. ya know, with Tom Cruise. u've probably never seen it cause it wouldnt be approved by your parents, but the main theme of it is that you just gotta say heck with it all and just do whatever u feel like doing. hey, its work in the movies, maybe it can work in real life too. ;-)
In any case, you promised J that u would be out here before u left for some other country. Dont be a promise breaker. ;-)

amoetspes said...

A.) Most of the movies that I watch wouldn't be approved by my parents, but thanks for making me look like a three year old.
B.) I'v been shopping for tickets.

amoetspes said...

I think that my last comment sounded a little harsher than I intended. Sorry bout that, and thanks for the encouragement.

0r4cl3 said...

lol! It's still there.....that exchange of attitudes between the two of you.....love it!