Monday, December 12, 2005

Winter Insulation

There's less than two weeks until Christmas, and I haven't even started my Christmas shopping. I am way behind. I have no idea how I'm going to get it all done either. I just can't seem to find the time to get everything done. I just may have to get creative with things.

The snow has been falling like crazy here. It totally puts me in the Christmas mood. We decorated the Christmas tree today. It's been up for a while now with lights and cranberries, but today we finally put up the ornaments. (I put one up for you Jase - the hand painted one with your name on it.) We have been baking like crazy. Our kitchen is overflowing with Christmas cakes, cookies, and candies. My dad made this English toffee that is amazing. Nothing like Christmas goodies to pack on the pounds and provide some good winter insulation.

I am looking into my back yard as I write, and I am watching a doe chewing on our shrubbery. She's coming right down to our dining room doors. Deer never come that close to the house. What a funny little thing.

No comments: