Saturday, March 12, 2005

Island to Urban

I stayed on the island a little longer than I had planed, which was really nice. I took the extra time to get started on my advanced certification and to hang out with the adorable boys that I was diving with. There's nothing like spending the whole day diving, and then hanging out with everyone on the beach in the evenings, chatting, listening to live music from one of the local beach bars, etc. Soooo nice. I think I'm hooked.

Ahh I could have stayed there for so much longer, but alas, I must teach at an English camp this weekend, so I had to return to Bangkok. One my way back I got to meet and hang out with some really cool travellers. I also had the joy of eating from the wrong vender and feeling it for the next two days. I'm still a little sick today, but getting over it.

Today I teach at English camp. It should be fun. I'll be pulling out a bunch of ESL games and having a good time with the students.

Monday I am planning on leaving for the south with a bunch of Thai university students. I am going with Campus Crusade on a relief trip to an island villge in the south. We'll be doing tsunami recovery work. I am not completely certain what all that encompasses, but we shall see.

No comments: