Thursday, March 03, 2005

Methaphoric Mumbling

I chatted with Jeremy this morning. He and Tom are at home and I'm missing the reunion. I wish I could be there with them, but of course I wouldn't give up my last couple of months here. I just wish that they'd still be there when I get home. It's interesting to hear Jeremy's impressions of home. It makes me wonder what my impressions will be when I go back. It will be so wonderful to see everyone, and to be back in familiar places with familiar people,eating familiar food, hearing that familiar southwestern Pennsylvania accent (which I didn't realize existed until I moved away). When the excitement of all the reunions wears off though, how will I react? Will I be able to settle back into life at home easily? How difficult is it going to be? I know that many things will be different, but many things will also be the same. Will I begin itching to go again, or will I be ready to settle. So many questions that only time can answer I suppose.

Sometimes questions like these bother me, but mostly they just amuse me. I love being young. I love having options. I love that the future spreads out ahead of me like a buffet, the options are endless and if something is really good I can go for seconds. (Can you tell I've been thinking about food?) Having questions like those means that there are possibilities. Life is still a great wilderness waiting to be explored. I have only just begun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you are feeling down, just come back and read this - Mom

Jeremy said...

I have some words for you and only for you. I once heard, and this is paraphrased, that traveling allows you to come home and recognize it for the first time. Thats what happened to me this past week and Im pretty sure it will happen for you as well. Peace!