Sunday, December 12, 2004

Distance...

I haven't written in a while. I've been running non-stop and I really don't have anything worth writing anyway. I would love to vent, because there is plenty to complain about, but I already do that far too much. I am trying to learn to bite my tongue when it comes to complaining, but sometimes it's really hard.

I've talked to friends and family from home a little lately. That's been nice. It always reminds me of how big the gap between us is though, how different my life is from theirs. I live in another world here. Sometimes it's exciting. Sometimes it makes me sad. Sometimes it's just surreal. There is a place that used to be so real to me, where people live who mean so much to me, and a way of life that was my own, but now it's beginning to seem distant and hazy. There people sleep while I work, and work while I sleep. I wish them good morning right before I go to bed for the night. They are wearing coats and scarves, while I sweat in a tank top. It is all very strange. I am sure that when I move back it will take me no time to jump right back into the swing of things, but sometimes hearing about it while I am here makes it seem so distant. How very odd.

1 comment:

0r4cl3 said...

That's perfectly normal sarah. That's just what happens when someone like yourself moves to a totally different culture, a totally different social structure, and meets new people and starts a new job. It does feel wierd; but that is what makes it a new experience....