Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Overwhelmed

Sometimes I feel like I will never be whole. I am pulled in so many different directions. Everywhere I go I leave a part of me behind. Everywhere I go I always miss something, someone, but I am drawn on. It's this crazy paradox that has become my life. I don't fully understand it. I don't know if I ever will. Sometimes I feel so human that I think I am going to burst. Sometimes I wish I could step outside of my humanity and just do what God wants me to do, instead of having to feel it all, but then I remember that He feels it all with me. He offers the ultimate empathy, because He is there, in the midst, feeling it all right along with me. I love that He is not just this distant, impersonal God who watches from above like a warehouse supervisor with His checklist. He's on the floor. He's involved. He's there.

1 comment:

0r4cl3 said...

It just keeps you trusting in Him...