Thursday, January 13, 2005

Anxiety

So I don't want to go in to work so much today that my stomache is sick. I really don't like my working environment that much. Honestly, what is my problem? I have to get over this, or I am going to be miserable for the rest of my life! I don't know what my problem is, but ever since I got back from the tsunami zone I have just wanted to go home. That's all I want to do. I feel bad, because it's not like I don't like Thailand. I do like Thailand, and I know that I should enjoy it while I am here. I know that when I leave I am going to miss it. I am aware of that in my head, but the rest of me just wants to go home. The thing is, going home is scarey too. I need to find a job, a car, a life... Yikes. Right now though, I am so eager to be in a comfortable familiar environment, with people who I know and love, that I don't even care about any of those things. I know I need to cherish the rest of my time here. I don't want to waste it. I know I need to make the most out of it, and I am trying, but lately my heart and my head are at home in southwestern Pennsylvania with my friends and my family, and I can't seem to help it. Sigh.

3 comments:

0r4cl3 said...

Wow, that sucks. I know how that feels. While I have gotten physically sick from worry and fear (like when I came back from that Winter retreat in '00), I have never done that because of a job...Sarah, you need to put your worry and your distress in God's hands....I know that you must want to come home very bad, but this is where God has you right now, and he wouldn't have put you there if he couldn't provide for you...in every way, physically, spiritually, and emotionally....

I love you and miss you...

amoetspes said...

Thanks Jase, I know you're right. It's just one person in particular who makes this whole situation miserable. I hate that. But you are right. I am trying. What's the worst she can do to me? Fire me? Oh no!

amoetspes said...

Tom, you speak far too highly of me. I've been a nrat lately and I don't deserve you good comments, but thank you for them,. They mean a lot.