Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I am alive.

Okay, so I don't have much time to write at the moment, but I thought I'd give a breif update on life in general. Life is... well it's life, which is an awesome thing to me today after the week I've had. Just having life is amazing after the death and destruction that I have seen this week. My brother and I and two other guys hopped on a plane last week to head south to the tsunami zone and see what we could do. I have never seen such devatation. Unbelievable. We spent the week living like hobo's (and smelling like hobos)walking up the devastation zone with backpacks on our backs doing whatever we could to help. I'll write more about those adventures when there is time to write.

All of my friends are ok too. Some of them got on boats leaving the worst struck places only a half an hour before it struck. Talk about miraculous! Thanks for everyone's prayers.

So it's back to work today. I'm not too excited about that. Somehow I have to reformat my brain from extreme disaster mode to teacher mode in a matter of hours. Well, here we go.

2 comments:

0r4cl3 said...

Yes, I hope that you are doing ok after seeing all of that destruction. I hope work goes well...can't wait to see ya....

Anonymous said...

I am glad that all of your friends and more importantly Dave & you are okay. It gives you perspective, I think to see stuff like that.