Sunday, January 30, 2005

What Weekend?

I went to Dreamworld today with a bunch of the Thai teachers. I had no idea what to expect out of the place, but it ended up being a tiny little amusement park. Being with the people that I was with made it so much fun. I love hanging out with them. I want us all to go ice-skating sometime soon. Now that will be an interesting experience. I told them that I would teach them how to skate. We shall see how that goes over. I can't wait.

Yesterday we had a huge Expo at my school. I managed a boothe promoting the college that I graduated from. I helped one young man actually fill out and send in his application. He is completely planning on going there in the fall. It will be really funny to see him there when I go down to visit my brother or something. Other than him, I have very little interest and very few visitors, which made the day fairly uneventful and slightly boring. It was really hot. We were all sitting in puddles of sweat by mid-morning. The day was really long and tiring (mainly because of the heat) but it was pretty good.

I can't believe that tomorrow is the beginning of another work week. I hope it goes as fast as the last one. We have new schedules once again which gives each of the foreign teachers an extra class everyday. It makes a little more work for us, but I actually kind of enjoy it. My new class is actually decently behaved, and enjoyable to teach, and the extra work causes time to go faster. I hope this week is decent.

2 comments:

0r4cl3 said...

Glad you had fun! I am also glad that your new class is decently behaved. Talk to ya soon!

amoetspes said...

sweetems96, come on over! Teach English!