Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Evening ESL

I love my evening ESL class. I like teaching adults. I love teaching those adults. I always leave that class happy. I always anjoy teaching them. Even when my teaching day at the school has been really long and trying, and I come into the class dreading another hour of teaching, I always leave glad to have come. Tonight we tackled some confusing stuff. They worked so hard at understanding the concepts that I was teaching. I'm glad that English is my first language. I don't envy anyone trying to learn it as an adult. The adults in my class do really well though. I teach Basic I and Basic II, so sometimes communication within the classroom can be challenging. I often resort to my Grade 1 tricks to get a concept across. Sometimes I feel really stupid doing this, but they are great. They laugh at me, but they never make me feel stupid. I like teaching my little ones, but I think I prefer the adults. I love the little ones, but I'd rather babysit them than teach them. Teaching adults is so different. It just works better for me. I am really going to miss that class.

Tonight after my evening class I went bowling with my friends. I bowled a 179. I never do that. I break 100 only on the very best of days. I don't know what was going on today, but it was sure fun!

1 comment:

0r4cl3 said...

Glad you like teaching! Wow, a 179, that is high for you!! lol, well, see ya in 4 days!