Saturday, April 16, 2005

Week of Lasts

I am beginning my week of lasts. I hate those lasts. Today I went to the weekend market for the last time. I rode the skytrain for what was probably the last time. This week I'll do all of those things that I do on a daily basis here, and it will all be profound because it will be my last time. So sad. I will be sad to leave Thailand, to leave my lifestyle here in Bangkok. I will be sad to leave the markets, the street venders, my favorite food stands, the tuk-tuks, the elephants, the river taxi, the temples on every street corner, the people. I am excited to go home. I know it will be good, but I'm not there yet. Right now I am in the goodbye process, and I'm a little melancholy.

1 comment:

MissT said...

my dear friend, it has been a blast...goodbyes are always hard so this will be a - 'till next time', who knows where life and God will lead us but I'm sure that you will continue to be a blessing to many! this time tomorrow i will be in the air, winging my way home...i will give you a little advice - savour every last second you have here...even the sight of those soi dogs and each breath of polluted air...thoughts of those things will trigger happier memories [of me ;), snicker snicker]!!!
love you lot's n lot's, i will miss you!
namtan