Monday, April 11, 2005

Let the Water Wars Begin

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it or not, but I love Chiang Mai! I guess it may be evident in the fact that I come here everytime I have a break, and I rave about it to all of my friends. I love this city!!! It is beautiful, Thai, and smaller than Bangkok, but it still has all the comforts of home. It's a great place and if I ever move back to Thailand, I am moving to this area. So far my time here has been totally relaxing.

Yesterday I got to hang out with some of my Thai friends and a few of my farong friends as well. I went to church twice (once in English, and once in Thai), and I did some shopping at the famous Chiang Mai Night Bazaar. Why doesn't the U.S. have markets? Man am I gonna miss those!

Today I have been roaming around, being lazy, shopping a little, stopping at little cafe's, talking to people, and just enjoying the city - oh yeah, and dodging the occaissional onslaught of water. The festivities haven't gotten into full swing yet, but they have begun, my very damp shirt testifies to that fact. Mostly little kids have gotten me. So Much Fun! I hear them plotting against me as soon I am in sight. They chatter away in Thai. "Hey, look, it's a foreigner. Let's get her wet." With my very elementary understanding of the Thai language, I can still understand this much. So I know what's coming, and of course I appear to be absolutely horrified as adorable little Thai children come running at me from their hiding places with buckets of water and squirt guns. I act like I am trying to out run them as they giggle and chase me, squirting away. Eventually I decide that I really am wet enough and I do out run them effectively, leaving them giggling amongst themselves proudly with a "We got her!" attitude. I am sure that halfway through the week this will get annoying, but right now it's so cute. So fun.

2 comments:

0r4cl3 said...

Sounds like so much fun! Wish I were there....

Jeremy said...

I need to get me-self out of the country. If I were you Id be stealing one of those guns and getting them all back. haha.