Sunday, October 17, 2004

Down Day (again)

Why am I so depressed this weekend? I am in the midst of holiday. I should be enjoying myself. Instead I have been miserable. I am really lonely lately. I don't feel like I can connect with the few people around me who can actually speak my language. I feel somehow removed from the people around me. I don't know why.

I'm really missing the United States this weekend. I miss my family. I miss my friends. I miss my culture. I am pretty certain that I am not signing for another year here. I think that I want to go home for a while. I don't know what my problem is. I should be enjoying myself. I should be making the most of this experience. I guess I am just having a down weekend. I need to pull myself out of this thing -- whatever it is -- but instead all I want to do is curl up in a ball and hide. May can't come soon enough today.

I am leaving again tonight. I am heading north with a couple of people. We are going to do a bunch of cool stuff. Maybe that'll pull me out of this thing. I hope so. Living here and working here is a great opportunity. I am incredibly priveledged in my position here. I know I need to enjoy it, to make the most of it. I just need to be thankful. Lord, help...

2 comments:

License to thrill said...

Look at the up side. This place sucks. Here's what's been going on..............Nothing.LOve ya

0r4cl3 said...

Sarah, maybe you have been so busy and moving so much that you haven't been listening and waiting for God to tell you what to do......I don't know...I have been thinking about that a lot lately.....Pray about it. God bless....