Thursday, October 14, 2004

Paradise

I am on Koh Phi Phi Don. I am in paradise. This place is amazing. It is a backpacker's dream come true, a tropical island where everything is incredibly cheap. I don't want to leave today, but I must. There are other horizons to explore. I am having a great time on my travels so far though. I have really enjoyed just wandering around the island watching and meeting new people. The friends that I am traveling with don't really share my intrigue of people though, which kind of stinks. They would be perfectly happy if there were no other people here besides us. For me the people here are the biggest part of the lure of the place. The fact that it's a tropical paradise has something to do with that too, but I am loving the blending of cultures that I find here. I have met people from all over the world. Each one comes with his own story to tell. Each one is on his own great adventure. It's all so fascinating to me. It makes me miss Jase, Jeremy, Donya, and both Toms. You guys would love it here. You would understand my interest in people too. We need to go on a backpacking trip together.

2 comments:

0r4cl3 said...

I am glad to hear that you are having such a wonderful time. I am also glad to hear that they have Internet access on Koh Phi Phi Don! I knew Southeast Asia was wired,....but wow! I miss you too...we must go on that backpacking trip sometimes!!

Jeremy said...

oh baby, i was reading this NOLS catolog today and I got so excited about backpacking that I was honestly thinking of camping in these freezing temperatures this weekend. gotta go soon, and that would be so cool if we could all go when we gather again. ;-)