Friday, October 01, 2004

On the Spot

I had so much fun last night. I teach an evening class of mostly university students and young professionals, and it is such a welcome change from my daily elementary school classroom. It's nice to teach students who want to learn. After an evening with that class I am always so happy to be here. Last night we went out after class to this outdoor restaurant with live music. There was a comedian on-stage who spotted me and greeted me from the stage. He made some jokes about the farong in the audience, but I have no clue what he was talking about. It's always exciting to be put on the spot in another country where you don't understand a thing.

2 comments:

0r4cl3 said...

Something tells me that women are not held in high regard in Thailand. Keep fightin', lil' troooper. I am glad that you have had at least one good class to teach. Keep fightin'!

Jeremy said...

...you will remember these experiences forever. And if you arent glad you are there now (at least not all the time), you can look back and be glad you did it anyhow.
sounds like you might have tenure coming to you in the future. ;-)