Sunday, October 03, 2004

Until we meet again...

Someone who I met and grew quit close to this summer during my time in Egypt recently passed away. He was a precious example of servanthood to me. He was my "Egyptian dad". He taught me how to truely love beyond language barriers, how to build relationships with people who have a completely different culture, and how to express without having to always use words. He cooked, cleaned, and served without complaint the whole time we were there.

It's strange that he has left this earth. It's hard to know that he's gone, that I will never see him on this earth again. It's hard to know that he will not be in Egypt when I return. I miss him a lot, but I know that he is held closely in the loving arms of his Savior. I know that he now feels contentment, a joy and a peace that those of us still trapped within these bodies of flesh have never experienced. He can rest now, and even if I could, I would never want to rob him of that. The amazing thing about knowing Christ is that even in the midst of sorrow there is peace, comfort, and joy. There is security in Him regardless of the circumstances. It is a precious gift that I cherish, that I definately do not deserve, but that I cling to. That does not eliminate the tears however, and I am shedding some as I write this, but they are simply evidence of a life touched.

So although this is a time of loss for us, it is great gain for him, which eases our loss a bit, and makes the sorrow bittersweet. There is no need for good bye, simply until we meet again...

1 comment:

0r4cl3 said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss, Sarah. I am glad that you are taking it in a positive way. I wish I were there right now...