Saturday, October 30, 2004

Safety First

Last night I went with a bunch of my friends to a movie in downtown. It was a late movie, so Bangkok was pretty dead when we got there, and even more so when we got out. It was weird to see the place so muted. Anyway, several of us found ourselves locked out of our building when we got back. We have key to the lock, but then a metal latch is put in place as well, and we can't unlatch it from the outside. I don't understand why exactly they do that. I know we had somebody break in this past month, so they were trying to take all precautionary measures, but it really didn't make too much sense to me. Anyway it took us a while, huddled around the door hacking at it with various tools and other objects, to break in. Nothing like having to break into my own building, and then knowing that a novice like myself has the ability to break in once I find success. That's security at it's finest.