Saturday, November 27, 2004

A Kaleidoscope of Thoughts

Today was such a chill day. It was really nice. I hung out in my building all day. I talked to my brother on the phone this morning, and then random things around the house. This had been the never-ending week. It's been so long and draining. It was nice to go nowhere and do nothing today. It was nice to accomplish things that I needed to accomplish with out being watched or criticized as I worked. I love days off.

Last night my evening ESL students took me out to a festival at the river. It was a lot of fun. I love hanging out with them. They totally treated me to the whole entire night. The river area was beautiful. We went to a park. There was a carnival and random shows set up around the grounds, and a bit of a night market going on. All the colorful lights made it so festive and pretty. It was a really good night.

My roommate did a visa run to Cambodia today. She came back pretty somber. She said that just seeing the extreme conditions there that the people live in really puts life into perspective. She talked a little about the poverty and hopelessness there. It was really sad. I was reminded of how trivial my problems are. It made me kind of want to do relief work there. I have so many random ideas all the time though. Who knows if anything will come of it.

It was good to talk to my brother this morning. I love that we're family and we're such good friends. I love that he knows me so well and yet he still loves me. I love that we can talk about anything, that we understand each other so well, and that we have so much in common. I miss him a lot. I am so happy that he is coming for Christmas though. I am really excited that I will be able to share this part of my life with him, that he will be able to see who I am here and how I live. I love that when I go home I will have someone who I can talk about life here with, and he will be able to identify with me a bit because he's been here and seen it. He really is such a blessing.

God really spoiled me with the people He's put in my life. Each one is so special and so unique. I have the most remarkable friends and family, so many people who love and pray for me, so many people whom I love and pray for. They are scattered all over the place too. All over North America and the world. It truly is amazing.

2 comments:

0r4cl3 said...

And we are glad to have you, Sarah. At least, I hope you are talking about us.....hmmmmm.....lol

amoetspes said...

Of course I am!