Sunday, February 27, 2005

Life Update

I am feeling a lot better than I was, although the headache is still sticking around. This weekend I was a total bum. I laid around in my pajamas, read, and graded student work. I just didn't feel like facing the pollution outside. I didn't feel like facing the heat, or all of the overwhelming smells of our soi. I really didn't feel like being far from my bed to be honest. I slept so much this weekend. Half of me feels like I wasted a ton of time sleeping, and the other half wants to go take a nap right now. Go figure.

I went to the English speaking church this morning. I met a cool girl there who is my age. She just started working with Bangkok Campus Crusade. She came out to lunch with some of the other teachers and me. She's planning on coming on the relief trip south that I'm going on in March. I can't wait. I'm really excited about that.

This is the last week of school. I can't believe it. I am really excited about it though. I'll miss the students, especially the littlest ones, but I'm really excited about what the next couple of months holds. Friday night after our little graduation program, my roomate and I are getting on a bus and heading to an island. I am going to get my open water scuba licence, and she will dive as well. She already has her licence, but it'll be fun to hang out together at the beach. After that, we will do an English camp witht the local Thai church, and then it's off to Indonesia for her and off to the south for me. During April I'll be teaching the summer sessions here at GES. Then it's home for me! My last two months here have started! They re going to be great!

2 comments:

0r4cl3 said...

Sounds good! Have fun in the "ochin"!

Jeremy said...

hey congrats on deciding to get your diver certification. Now you can go diving with Tom and I. Sweet! Its like a whole other world when you can actually stay under water for long periods of time.
Anyhow, 2 months will fly by so enjoy the rest of your time there and see ya soon. ;-)