Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Whew!

Ahhhh. I finally have some things figured out, or at least mostly figured out. I know when I am going home now. I have a decent idea of what I will do until I go home. A huge weight has been lifted off of my mind. What a great feeling. Now to figure out what I am going to do when I get home. Eh, but I guess I must take things a step at a time. Now to enjoy the rest of my time here, to make the most of it and to be wise with my time and resources...

I have realized that I have a problem in life. I want to do everything. I want to travel, I want to experience, I want to see. I want to spread my wings and go wherever they take me. At the same time I want to develope my roots, and establish myself. It's this whole limiting humanity thing that troubles me. The whole having to choose thing. I don't want to choose, I want to do it all, but God makes us human. He only gives us one life to live, and we never even know just how long that life will be. I am trying to learn to prioritize. I want to be wise with my time and my resources. I don't want to be selfish with them. I want to do what God wants me to do, but I find myself being pulled in so many directions. A million different possibilities are always fighting for my attention. Life is so exciting. The possibilities are endless. I just don't want to waste them by not exploring any, or by exploring too many. Lord, help me to be wise.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

its not a problem but an opportunity. Ive decided the best thing for me is to make a list of everything I want to do and start with highest priority first and work my way down. I dont think Ill make it through the whole list but at least I wont be bored before I die. Just make sure you get something accomplished while you try to do everything. And enjoy it slowly enough to savor it. ;-)

amoetspes said...

Good word, I'll do my best.