Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Shake-in-a-Bag

I think that I am really snapping out of whatever that miserable slump was! I hope so anyway. I am definaltely not as miserable anymore, and I haven't had a stomach ache in almost a week. I even conflicted with the same crazy administrator at work today, and I still had a good day.

I am working alongside the blingual Kindergarten teacher to put together a graduation program for the students, so the first part of my morning was spent in the K-1 classroom. That is always a joy. Every morning I look forward to sliding open the K-1 door and waiting for the first one to realize I am there. When they do the room fills with shouts. "Miss SallAH, Miss SallAH!" They are soooo cute!!! I love that class. I am so glad that I teach them everyday.

After work today I went with a friend to get a shake from Oot, the lady on our soi who runs a shake cart. My friend and I just sat and had a good heart-to-heart. She is someone who I can really talk to, but we get the chance to see each other so seldom that it rarely happens. It was really good to bond in our plastic chairs on the soi while sucking chocolate-coffee shakes out of bags. (If you buy any kind of beverage from a street vendor here, it usually comes in a bag and with a straw.) It was also fun to chat with all of the soi regulars. My friend's Thai is much better than mine, so she chatted a lot more, but I participated as much as I could, which pleased the people who I was talking with.

This evening the Chinese, Thai, and Philipine teachers and I all got together to celebrate one of the Thai teachers' Birthday. They were all telling funny teacher stories. Because of the language barrier they often had to get up and act out the stories which made them even funnier. We had a really good time.

1 comment:

0r4cl3 said...

That's awesome that you are feeling better! I pray that it lasts til May!! Love ya!